There can be a lot of pressure to find a good Master’s or PHD program – and then squeezing it into our already busy lives. Following is a list of online master’s programs. There are many more, but this is a great start.
1. Walden University - Walden offers over thirty accredited Master’s programs, including management and psychology, and over 100 specialized areas. Students can tailor a course of study that is both individualized and relative to today’s marketplace. They also offer onsite internships.
2. Washington State University - a small number of enrolled students means individualized attention. Their rolling admissions process lets you apply anytime and faculty members guarantee a maximum of a 48 hour turn around time to answer questions. Their MBA and Executive MBA programs are fully AACSB accredited.
3. George Washington University – GWU does not require a GRE test score for admissions. Their highly ranked nursing and business programs are led by a faculty where over 80 percent hold PhD degrees. Students can take advantage of live streaming video to augment recorded course work.
4. UMASS – their counseling degree includes an on campus clinical residency in addition to 60 hours of coursework. The school received their accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and tuition rates are low enough to make it accessible to most students.
5. Capella University- this is one of the largest online universities available, and boasts a 62 percent rise in salary for graduates within five years. Capella is know for a strong Master’s in Education program, in addition to numerous other degrees. Prospective student can transfer previous credits to qualify for a tuition reduction.
Online PhD Programs
1. Northcentral University – home to 64 doctoral specializations, Northcentral is a 100 percent online program with no on-campus requirements. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and students benefit from a faculty mentor.
2. University of Phoenix – the “scholar, practitioner, leader” model is the foundation for their approach to education. With choices including organizational leadership and health administration, you’ll be able to consult your dissertation mentor and committee throughout your matriculation.
3. Columbia University – aside from a strong reputation, Columbia allows students to actually download lectures given to on-campus students, and receive the same degree. They offer subjects like industrial and mechanical engineering, and communication with teachers is done predominately by email.
4. Grand Canyon University - their PhD program is divided in to teaching and organizational tracks, to prepare students for either university or administrative work. Classes are given one at a time to make sure you can commit the time and effort you need to make the most of your experience.
5. Argosy University - entering students need a Master’s degree in their area of study to be accepted to Argosy’s education, counseling and other PhD programs. The program is made for experienced professionals who want to strengthen their research skills.